Grich's World of GIS

Comments on ArcGIS and the industry

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon

I have been in the Geographic Information Systems industry since graduating with a BS in Geography from Portland State Univ in 1994. Geography is COOL!

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

All things GIS

I thought I would post a more general message. I don't intend for this to be an ArcInfo bitch session, contrary to my post below. Some posts may be like that, but I also want to post on interesting things happening in the GIS world, talk about different software (for my edification, as i don't know much outside the ESRI world), and blog report from events that I attend.
I don't attend many events during the year, and tend not to stray far from home when I do. The sole exception there is the ESRI conference in San Diego every year.

I will be attending the Images to Information seminar in Seattle in March. I'll try to post from Seattle, but if I can't get the legistics right it might just be a summary after the fact.

I also want to keep the links section updated with GIS companies and GIS Blogs (if there are any). I've got the major players, such as ESRI, Intergraph, MapInfo, Smallworld, and others.

Who I am: Richard L'Esperance
I'm currently a GIS analyst at the Campbell Group, a timber management company in Portland Oregon. I got a Geography degree from Portand State Univ in 1995 and have worked GIS ever since. I enjoy GIS, but mostly I enjoy geography and maps (not necessarily making them, but enjoying them). I do a variety of things for the company; support for field employees, overlay analysis, data management, and programming with VB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home