Grich's World of GIS

Comments on ArcGIS and the industry

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon

I have been in the Geographic Information Systems industry since graduating with a BS in Geography from Portland State Univ in 1994. Geography is COOL!

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Blog about GIS

As traditional, this first post is the introduction to the blog. I have created this site to post on all things GIS. Some of it will be interesting developments in the GIS world. Other things may just be bitches about GIS, namely ESRI's ArcGIS suite of products.
Don't get me wrong about that either. I think ArcGIS is the most powerful and most flexible of all GISs. But with that great power and flexibility they have cut a few corners and there are also lots of things that leave me frustrated and stuck.
I'll try and get this so that there are comments, or something. I don't know how to do that yet, but I desire it, because in this industry you need feedback, and in order to make this site helpful to me (and to you) feedback and different points of view are important.
I would like to post things on other GISs too, but don't know much about microstation, Intergraph and the like. Hopefully my experience here will broaden that horizon as well.

Last year I started a temporary blog to blog the ESRI conference, probably the biggest conference of GIS users in the world. That blog is now gone. I'll use this blog to do that this year.
Salutations.
Rich...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home